A new feature known as “Hybrid sleep” is introduced with windows 8. Most of you are aware of Hibernate and sleep feature of windows operating system. They all are designed to reduce the power consumption of computer during idle period. Hybrid sleep is the combination of Sleep and Hibernate which saves a copy of your opened docs & Settings on both RAM as well as on your hard drive and switch to minimum power consumption state so that all programs can be launched quickly when user resumes his work. If power failure occurs then it will not let user to loose his important work and launch all running application from computer hard drive. By default this is enabled in windows 8.
But most of you are not aware of Hybrid Sleep which is the cause of this problem. Hybrid sleep is developed to reduce the windows booting and shutdown time. Windows 8 reducing the startup time by saving data pertaining to kernel session on the hard drive instead of closing it properly. Resuming work from hibernated state for computer is more tedious in comparison of full system initialization process. To get rid of the problem you have to follow the procedure mentioned below,
Steps To Follow:
- If you are on the Start screen then move your cursor to top right corner of screen to trigger charms Bar. Then Click on the Search option.
- Then Type Power in the search box and press the enter key to search, then your computer will automatically search for the text and show the results.
- A new window will appears on your screen, make a click on the Settings option on the right pane of results obtained and then click on Change what the power buttons do link generated in the search results.
- It will show Power options available in Windows 8, you have to select “Choose what the Power buttons do” available on the left pane of window.
- You can also make changes in Power option of computer through Run dialog box. Type powercfg.cpl in the text box of Run dialog box and then select “Choose what the Power buttons do”.
- A new window appears on your screen, scroll down the screen and disable “Turn on the Fast startup (recommended)” option from the list.
- Uncheck the “Turn on the Fast startup (recommended)” option checkbox and then select “Save Changes” button. If the option is not active then scroll up and select “Change Settings that are currently unavailable” link.
- Restart your computer to make changes to take affect or reboot your system to fix Windows 8 shutdown problem.
- That’s It!