However, HFS+ is the new Mac file system and it has the ability to minimize the chances of fragmentation of files up to 20 MB size. But, it doesn’t work on large files so you need any third party tool to defrag all large files and increase the productivity of your Mac system.
Stellar Drive Defrag is an advanced and a risk free solution for fragmented Mac volume. It defrags your entire Mac or any selected volume to optimize your Mac hard drive. It is compatable with the latest Mac OS ‘Mountain Lion’ and all legacy Mac Operating Systems like Tiger, Leopard etc.
Features of Stellar Drive Defrag:-
- It can effectively defrag all large files presents in Mac drive along with the metadata files.
- It can defrags drive by organizing the scattered or distributed free space.
- It works on single large file as well as on entire Mac volume or drive.
- It helps to create Mac bootable DVD to defrag the boot volume.
- It supports Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Temperature bar to display the status of hard drive temperature during defragmentation.
- Email notification after completion of task.
The Free Edition of this tool helps to scan your entire Mac hard drive and show you the status of your Mac hard drive with fragmented data. The latest version of this tool is 2.5 which has many advance features like you can see the temperature fluctuations during defragmentation and set email notification after the completion of defragmentation. For paid version you need $39.
Processor: Intel, PowerPC(G3 or later).
Memory: 256 MB RAM.
Hard Disk: 40 MB free space.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.9 and above i.e. including Mac OS X 10.5 & Snow Leopard, Mountain Lion.
This software is very effecient, easy to use and very cheap.
Need bootable DVD to defrag boot volume.