Utilizing AdWords For Your Business
Does your business want to target your ideal clients, while also building your brand at the same time? If so, then PPC promotion might be a substantial portion of your advertising strategy. A well-executed PPC effort may be a fantastic method to raise conversions and sales.
Even though AdWords can be an important part of the sales and advertising plan, in case your company doesn’t make sure your campaigns are optimized properly then you’ll discover that PPC can cost more money than it attracts.
Let us take a peek at the very top 3 mistakes that lots of PPC supervisors make in their AdWord accounts. These suggestions can allow you to identify places and opportunities where you are able to better your PPC operation to boost engagement and drive additional revenue for your small business!
Focusing On Desktop, Forgetting About Mobile
One of the main mistakes I see PPC managers making on a regular basis is forgetting about mobile traffic. This is caused by setting up, writing, targeting and optimizing a PPC ad for an audience on a desktop and neglecting viewers on mobile devices.
Depending on your industry and product/service, your customers will likely be viewing your ads on mobile devices. You should optimize your ads, keywords, and ad extensions based on your device.
You can quickly check to see engagement rates on each device within AdWords. The new AdWords UI makes this simple, and you can see the percentage of several metrics based on device type.
You should change your PPC strategy around the devices and parameters of your audience. This information can be an essential guide to integrating as you consider how to optimize your PPC ads. While you optimize your campaigns, you should think about several aspects, including:
- Unique CTAs based on device. Your ads and CTAs should be different on desktop vs. mobile, depending on other settings for your campaigns.
- You need to have responsive landing pages for mobile-optimized ads. This is because your audience will be clicking on your ad with their mobile device, so your landing page associated with your PPC mobile ad should be mobile optimized too.
- Create ad groups for mobile-specific campaigns. In these ad groups, you should create different ads with ad extensions that are built just for mobile users.
- Reduce mobile campaigns that have a high CPA. Many times mobile will generate more clicks and higher costs so you can look at customizing various settings to reduce your CPA for mobile campaigns.
If you are not optimizing your ad groups and campaigns around specific devices for your ads, then you are likely wasting a lot of time and money. Focus on creating unique ad groups for different devices, and you should see an increase of qualified leads and reduce overall spend!
Customize Your Landing Pages
Here are some tips to think about when reviewing landing pages of your PPC ads:
- Whatever your goal, ensure the landing page your ad hyperlinks to reflects this.
- Ensure that your landing page content reflects the content of your PPC ads.
- Your landing pages should be easy to read and direct your audience to take action. A poorly designed landing page will not foster appropriate measures and could reduce in minimal sales.
Your landing pages drive sales for your business. If you want to ensure that your PPC budget is used as efficiently as possible, then you should review your landing pages. Base your landing pages around the same messaging as your PPC ads, and if you integrate keywords, then you can increase your Quality Score. This will help you stretch your PPC spend while also increase qualified traffic and sales!
Not Utilizing Long-Tail Keywords
- Get fewer Impressions
- Clients are nearer to buy decision
- Lower competition
- Perform better with less effort and cost
- Increase relevancy of advertisements (when paired with landing page)
- Improved Quality Score
Putting The Pieces Together
Chris is a PPC Marketing Manager in Orlando, FL. With over 13 years of experience, he works with national brands to make his clients more money by creating awesome PPC campaigns that make them more money.